Friday, November 19, 2010

The Main Ingredient.





















Hip-hop tracks with horn samples are such a staple in the huge catalog of classic beats from the early days, and one of the best to ever use horns in his production was Pete Rock.  'Mecca & The Soul Brother' by Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth was one of those albums that I listened to over and over and over again, and after that it was 'The Main Ingredient' which continued the tight production with classic jazz and soul samples, though I do prefer their first album.   This beat was my 'Pete Rock' / Horn samples track that I knew I wanted to make.  I took samples from a bunch of different records, I know Sonny Rollins was the source of the horns, but the bassline and the piano i can't remember...A.W.B. on the BELLS!

A Thousand Eyes

Post a comment